Take a website screenshot
Generate leads for your services by taking screenshots of the homepage of websites. You can use this automation to show them the improvements you can bring with your service.
This automation is ideal for SEO consultants, web development & marketing agencies who’re looking for leads related to SEO & marketing. You can collect data by taking screenshots of the websites & finding things to fix the websites.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- A screenshot of a website can be helpful for personalizing outreach campaigns
- Documenting elements of a website that can be improved. The ways that you can use the website screenshot are endless.
- Take screenshots for in-house case studies like analyzing the first fold of several websites as example data or even taking inspiration for your own (or your client’s) websites.
How to take a screenshot of websites?
You will need to input the URL of the websites you want to take the screenshots of. This can be for multiple reasons, you’re either looking for leads with poorly optimized webpage or collecting samples of the best working landing page & learn from it, simply enter the URL & texau will take care of the rest.
You can use one of our spices to scrape Google search results and use that as input for this spice. The spice will take screenshots of all the URLs collected from Google search results. You can also run a spice to find emails or social media links to connect with them on social media where you can pitch your services.
Here are the steps to take screenshots of any site:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the website URL in the respective field. In case you have a list of websites, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this spice.
- Click the “Take Screenshot” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to execute this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of websites you want to take the screenshots of.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Website URL: Enter the URL you want to take the screenshot of. You can leave this empty if you have a CSV file or a Google Sheet which we can use in the next steps.
- Don’t take full page: Use this checkbox if you want to help your prospects fix only the hero section of their websites/landing page. If you want the spice to take a full length screenshot of a webpage, keep this unchecked.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of websites to take screenshots of. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Take Screenshot: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to take a screenshot of the specified websites.
How to take screenshots of any website(s) using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Automation Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on the specified websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple websites to take screenshots from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the website URL. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Take Screenshots button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple websites to take screenshots from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Take Screenshots you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to take screenshots from any number of websites.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAu, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂