Extract details about any YouTube video(s) to learn what’s working for successful videos & plan content for your own channel accordingly. This spice is for those who have a YouTube channel and want to learn from the best-performing videos on the platform. Mind you, this spice is just to give you an idea about the video, this shouldn’t be used to copy content from existing videos/channels.
Here are some use-cases of this automation:
- When you extract the details of a YouTube video, you can use it for content ideas, curation, inspiration & to peep into what’s working for others & try implementing the same for your YouTube videos.
How to Extract details of YouTube videos?
You can paste a single YouTube video URL or if you have a list of video URLs from various channels or niches, you can upload it as a CSV or link to a Google sheet. This spice will return details of that video. You can use one of our spices to extract videos from a channel & use the video URLs as input for this spice.
Here are the steps to extract YouTube video details:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Video URL in the respective fields. In case you have a list of video URLs to extract details from, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this spice.
- Click the “Extract Video” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to execute this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be less than 1 minute, depending on the number of video URLs to extract details from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- YouTube Video Link: Enter the URL of the video in the respective field. You can leave this empty if you have a CSV file or a Google Sheet which we can use in the next steps.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of search URLs to extract. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Extract Video: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to extract details of YouTube videos.
How to extract YouTube video details using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Spice Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on the specified websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple videos details to scrape)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the YouTube Video Links. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract videos will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple videos to extract details from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Videos you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
How to download your results?
After you launch your automation, you’ll see TexAu performing its job in the log section. It will look something like that:
Once the launch is over, click “Download CSV” to download your data to a .CSV spreadsheet.
That’s all you need to know extracting details about any YouTube video(s).
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂