This automation will help you extract every pin from a Pinterest board. All the information related to each pin will be available to you in a spreadsheet:
- Title and description
- Pin description
- URL(s) mentioned in the pin
- Pin author’s name & username
Pins on a board will tell you what users like and what they don’t. If you’re here for content ideas, scraping pins from popular boards will be the first thing we’d suggest you do.
How to download a Pinterest board?
Download pins from a Pinterest board with TexAu is easy. All you need is a TexAu account, a Pinterest account, and one or many boards to download:
- Create a free TexAu account here.
- Enter the URL of the board you want to extract the pins from.
- Run the automation!
That’s it! In about 30 seconds, TexAu will browse Pinterest on your behalf and download every pin of every board you specified in a spreadsheet.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of boards to scrape pins from.
- Pinterest session cookie: Pinterest uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile.
- Board URL: Enter the Board URL you want to scrape the pins from. If you have multiple board URLs, you can leave this field blank and upload a CSV or link a Google sheet in step 4.
- Max Count: Specify the number of pins you want to scrape from the board(s).
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet containing the list of board URLs. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Extract pins: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape pins from Pinterest boards.
Steps to downloading Pins data from a Pinterest board
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Pinterest Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Pinterest to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Pinterest session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Pinterest session cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple board URLs to scrape the pins from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Pinterest board URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Pins button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple boards to scrape pins from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific time daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Pins you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Scrape pins from Pinterest board URLs.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!